Sunday, May 27, 2012

2012-05-27

My father and I decided to take a few hours for a photo expedition.  This is the first time we do that - take time just to take pictures.  It was a lot of fun.  It was very windy when we got there, which made long exposures just about impossible (tripod or no tripod).  We however managed to get quite a few shots in the few hours we were there.  Hope we get to do something like that again at some point.

The following images are a selection of the many I took.  There were all edited in Google Picasa 3: so quality is not great.  I really have to learn Adobe LightRoom 3 (which I already have purchased and own), because the resulting images are of much higher quality.  But for now, because of time constraints, Picasa will have to do.  I may post some of the same images below processed in LightRoom at some point - it's interesting to compare the difference (it's obvious!).  The one big thing with LightRoom is "noise control" - there is nothing like that to my knowledge in Picasa, which really affects end results. 

Anyways, let me know what you think!  This is very low budget... images taken with my Nikon D60 and all of them were taken with either my father's 100mm lens or 300mm lens. Thanks again dad! :)












No comments:

Post a Comment