Thursday, August 9, 2012

Historic Acadian Village in New Brunswick - Part 1

My family and I visited the Historic Acadian Village in northern New Brunswick (www.villagehistoriqueacadien.com).  We spent two days there and still did not manage to get through everything.  We simply love it there! It's a great spot for photography, without a doubt.  I recently received an old external flash for my camera too (Vivitar 880AFNi). It fires correctly, but the TTL component doesn't appear to work - so I'm full manual when I use it!  It however proved to be very useful despite this.  The very dark antique houses needed extra lighting.  Bouncing the light off the ceilings usually provided extra light without appearing to be too artificial.  I messed up many shots messing around with the exposure and flash, but overall had a blast anyways - and still ended up with a few pictures I kind of liked.

Here are a few selected images of the over 750 images I took over two days.  Hopefully I will be able to post more soon.










No comments:

Post a Comment