Tuesday, May 8, 2012

2012-05-08

Today, it's all about birds.  Went to a local park with the family, while I still had my father's 300mm lens.  So I managed to take quite a few bird pictures.  The biggest challenge I had (as always!) was low light.  At 300mm, there is much less light coming in than at 70mm.  I cheated this time, I just set the camera to "sports mode".  Bad idea for the most part!  Many pictures had some areas that were blown out.  Lesson learned: never trust the machine!  I should of chose a specific ISO, maxed out aperture, used a fast shutter speed and lightly under-expose.  I seem to find fixing an under-exposed image always easier than fixing an over-exposed image. Still learning as I go... having the extra toys really helps though - this is a nice lens! (http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Camera-Lenses/2161/AF-S-VR-Zoom-NIKKOR-70-300mm-f%252F4.5-5.6G-IF-ED.html)








No comments:

Post a Comment